The Athens Village is
Not a place, but a concept
serving people age 60+
in their own homes.
You can be:
You can be home
In short, The Athens Village is a group of neighbors working together to help each of us
age gracefully in our own homes.
Enable members to live independently, comfortably and safely in their homes.
A dynamic, responsive community of members who support meaningful and fulfilling lives for
Research, including that of insurance companies, has shown that people are much better
off in their own homes than in assisted living facilities. The Athens Village works
with the Appalachian Community Visiting Nurse Association (ACVNA) and other groups furthering
the interests of its members.
Office hours for the week of Nov. 23-27, 2015
- Mon. 11/23: 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Tues 11/24: 8 a.m.-noon
- Weds 11/25: 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- closed Thurs & Fri for Thanksgiving holiday
Members can always call 740-447-0500 at any time to reach the Director (Patty Mercer) for any assistance.
Note: unless otherwise noted, all meetings are at 94 Columbus Rd.
- Every Tuesday, 10:30 a.m., Chair Yoga, in the OSU Extension Office, 278 West Union St., in back. $5 donation, each session.
- Every Tuesday, 12:30 p.m., Informal lunch gathering of members & guests at Bob Evans.
- Weds., Nov. 25, 1 p.m., Get More Out of Your Membership, open to the public.
- Thurs., Dec. 3, noon-1:30 p.m., Brown Bag Lunch, "Giving Back," TAV members share info about the organizations that they love
& support. ACEnet, building C (the yellow door)
- Mon. Dec. 7, 1:30 p.m., Emergency Response System presentation at O'Bleness, room 10 (in the basement). For TAV members only.