Exercise options for seniors in Athens County
This chart is a compilation of all exercise programs of which we are aware at this writing
(May 2018) in Athens County. The chart is arranged by day then time. Phone numbers are included in the chart.
It's a good idea to call before you go.
The Athens Village is
Not a place, but a community
living securely and safely
in our own homes.
You can be:
You can be home
In short, The Athens Village is a group of neighbors working together to help each of us
age gracefully in our own homes. To see membership benefits, please click here
To see a 2015 student-made short (1 minute 18 sec) video about the Village,
please click here
The video doesn't work in all browsers with equal success.
Enable members to live independently, comfortably and safely in their homes.
A dynamic, responsive community of members who support meaningful and fulfilling lives for
Research, including that of insurance companies, has shown that people are much better
off in their own homes than in assisted living facilities. The Athens Village works
with a number of local, regional and national agencies to further
the interests of its members.
Office Hours are generally 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., M-Th
and 2nd and 4th Fridays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Members can contact the Village office (740-447-0500 or TheAthensVillage@gmail.com) at any time for assistance.
PLEASE leave a message if no one answers the phone.
Note: unless otherwise noted, all meetings are at 94 Columbus Rd.
- Every Tuesday, 10:30 a.m., Chair Yoga, in the OSU Extension Office, 278 West Union St., in back. $5 donation, each session.
- Every Tuesday, 12:30 p.m., Informal lunch gathering of members & guests at Bob Evans.
- Every 2nd Wednesday, 4 p.m., Informal social gathering, Athens Uncorked, 14 Station St. Next meeting: Jan. 9
- Wed., Dec. 26, 1 p.m., Get More Out of Your Membership, Tim Horton's CANCELLED
- Wed., Jan. 2, 2019, 11 a.m.: PIT Team, monthly meeting, ACEnet Conference Room B
- Tues., Jan. 8, 10 a.m., Board meeting, O'Bleness Room 12
- Mon., Jan. 14, 1 p.m., Membership Team, ACEnet Conference Room B
- Mon., Jan. 14, 2 p.m., Hearing Aid Interest Group discussion, ACEnet Conference Room B
- Fri., Jan. 18, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tech Fair at Athens Public Library. Bring your own devices and questions for tech help.
- Wed., Jan. 23, 1 p.m., Get More Out of Your Membership, chat with Barbara at Tim Horton's
- Thurs., Jan. 24, 3 p.m., Health and Wellness Team monthly meeting, ACEnet Conference Room B
- Fri., Jan. 25, 10 a.m. to noon, Athens Public Library, Falls Awareness and Prevention program with TAV intern, Mary Moody
- Wed., Jan 30, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., TAV open office, ACEnet Conference Room B