The Athens Village is
Not a place, but a community
in their own homes.
You can be:
You can be home
In short, The Athens Village is a group of neighbors working together to help each of us
age gracefully in our own homes.
Enable members to live independently, comfortably and safely in their homes.
A dynamic, responsive community of members who support meaningful and fulfilling lives for
Research, including that of insurance companies, has shown that people are much better
off in their own homes than in assisted living facilities. The Athens Village works
with a number of local, regional and national agencies to further
the interests of its members.
Office hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., M-F
Patty does not answer phones during meetings; meetings are usually 1 hour.
Please see list below for scheduled meetings.
Members can call the Director (Patty Mercer; 740-447-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time for assistance. After-office-hours calls will ring at the Director's home.
Note: unless otherwise noted, all meetings are at 94 Columbus Rd.
- Every Tuesday, 10:30 a.m., Chair Yoga, in the OSU Extension Office, 278 West Union St., in back. $5 donation, each session.
- Every Tuesday, 12:30 p.m., Informal lunch gathering of members & guests at Bob Evans.
- Wed., June 22, 1 p.m., Get More Out of Your Membership, Conference Room B
- Tues., June 28, 10 a.m., Board meeting, Conference Room C (yellow door, bldg C)
- Thurs., June 30 , noon, Brown Bag Lunch, Live Healthy Appalachia (yellow door, bldg C)
- Mon., July 4, OFFICE CLOSED for national holiday. Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY!
- Wed., July 6, 11 a.m.: PIT Team, Conference Room B
- Mon., July 11, 2 p.m., Hearing Aid Interest discussion, Conference Room B
- Wed., July 13, 10:30 a.m., Transitions discussion group, Conference room B
- Wed., July 13, 3 p.m., Health & Wellness Team, Conference Room B
- Thurs., July 14, 10:30 a.m., Membership Team, Conference Room B