The Athens Village announces its 2016 Annual Meeting of all members.
Thursday, September 29, starting at 5:30 p.m.,
at the Richland Ave. Methodist Church (same as 2015)
Semi-potluck: The board will provide main/meat dish
& plates/silverware/glasses & water/coffee/tea;
members are requested to bring a side dish, salad or dessert to share.
The Athens Village is
Not a place, but a community
living securely and safely
in their own homes.
You can be:
You can be home
In short, The Athens Village is a group of neighbors working together to help each of us
age gracefully in our own homes. To see membership benefits, please click here
Enable members to live independently, comfortably and safely in their homes.
A dynamic, responsive community of members who support meaningful and fulfilling lives for
Research, including that of insurance companies, has shown that people are much better
off in their own homes than in assisted living facilities. The Athens Village works
with a number of local, regional and national agencies to further
the interests of its members.
Summer Office Hours are generally 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., M-F
unless office staff attend a scheduled meeting.
Members can contact the Village office (740-447-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time for assistance.
After-office-hours calls will connect to an answering machine.
Note: unless otherwise noted, all meetings are at 94 Columbus Rd.
- Every Tuesday, 10:30 a.m., Chair Yoga, in the OSU Extension Office, 278 West Union St., in back. $5 donation, each session.
- Every Tuesday, 12:30 p.m., Informal lunch gathering of members & guests at Bob Evans.
- Wed., Aug. 24, 1 p.m., Get More Out of Your Membership, Conference Room B
- No Brown Bag Lunch in August
- Wed., Sept. 7, 11 a.m.: PIT Team, Conference Room B
- Mon., Sept 12, 1 p.m., Membership Team, Conference Room B
- Mon., Sept. 12, 2 p.m., Hearing Aid Interest Group discussion
- Tues., Sept. 13, 10 a.m., Board meeting, Conference Room C (yellow door, bldg C)
- Wed., Sept. 14, 3 p.m., Health & Wellness Team, Conference Room B.
- Thurs., Sept. 29, noon to 2 p.m., Brown Bag Lunch, 2016-17 changes in Medicare, Athens Public Library