Need help with your devices?
Frustrated by what you CAN'T do?
Bring your device to the Athens Public Library
on Fri. March 31 between 9 and 1:30 p.m.
(Sorry, no house calls)
Friendly Athens High students will be waiting
to tutor you on how to make your device
do what you want.
FREE and open to the public.
The Athens Village is
Not a place, but a community
living securely and safely
in their own homes.
You can be:
You can be home
In short, The Athens Village is a group of neighbors working together to help each of us
age gracefully in our own homes. To see membership benefits, please click here
To see a 2015 student-made short (1 minute 18 sec) video about the Village,
please click here
The video doesn't work in all browsers with equal success.
Enable members to live independently, comfortably and safely in their homes.
A dynamic, responsive community of members who support meaningful and fulfilling lives for
Research, including that of insurance companies, has shown that people are much better
off in their own homes than in assisted living facilities. The Athens Village works
with a number of local, regional and national agencies to further
the interests of its members.
Office Hours are generally 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., M-Th
and 2nd and 4th Fridays 10 to 2
unless office staff attend a scheduled meeting.
Members can contact the Village office (740-447-0500 or TheAthensVillage@gmail.com) at any time for assistance.
After-office-hours calls will connect to the Director's cellphone.
Note: unless otherwise noted, all meetings are at 94 Columbus Rd.
- Every Tuesday, 10:30 a.m., Chair Yoga, in the OSU Extension Office, 278 West Union St., in back. $5 donation, each session.
- Every Tuesday, 12:30 p.m., Informal lunch gathering of members & guests at Bob Evans.
- Wed., Apr. 5, 11 a.m.: PIT Team, Conference Room B
- Mon., Apr. 10, 1 p.m., Membership Team, Conference Room B
- Mon., Apr. 10, 2 p.m., Hearing Aid Interest Group discussion, Conference Room B.
- Tues., Apr. 11, 10 a.m., Board meeting, Athens Community Center
- Wed., Apr. 19, 3 p.m., Health & Wellness Team, Conference Room B
- Wed., Apr. 26, 1 p.m., Get More Out of Your Membership, Conference Room B
- Thurs., Apr. 27, noon.: Brown Bag Lunch, Roger Wilkens, ARECC, alternative energy. O'Bleness room 8.