The Athens Village is
Not a place, but a community
in their own homes.
You can be:
You can be home
In short, The Athens Village is a group of neighbors working together to help each of us
age gracefully in our own homes. To see membership benefits, please click here
Enable members to live independently, comfortably and safely in their homes.
A dynamic, responsive community of members who support meaningful and fulfilling lives for
Research, including that of insurance companies, has shown that people are much better
off in their own homes than in assisted living facilities. The Athens Village works
with a number of local, regional and national agencies to further
the interests of its members.
Summer Office Hours are generally 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., M-F
unless office staff attend a scheduled meeting.
Members can contact the Village office (740-447-0500 or email@example.com) at any time for assistance.
After-office-hours calls will connect to an answering machine.
Note: unless otherwise noted, all meetings are at 94 Columbus Rd.
- Every Tuesday, 10:30 a.m., Chair Yoga, in the OSU Extension Office, 278 West Union St., in back. $5 donation, each session.
- Every Tuesday, 12:30 p.m., Informal lunch gathering of members & guests at Bob Evans.
- Mon., Aug. 8, 10:30 a.m., Transitions discussion group, Conference room B
- Mon., Aug. 8, 1 p.m., no Public Information Team meeting in August
- Mon., Aug. 8, 2 p.m., no Hearing Aid Interest discussion in August
- Wed., Aug. 10, 3 p.m., Health & Wellness Team, Conference Room B
- Tues., Aug. 16, 10 a.m., Board meeting, Conference Room C (yellow door, bldg C)
- Wed., Aug. 24, 1 p.m., Get More Out of Your Membership, Conference Room B
- No Brown Bag Lunch in August
- Wed., Sept. 7, 11 a.m.: PIT Team, Conference Room B
- Thurs., Sept. 8, 10:30 a.m., Membership Team, Conference Room B
- Thurs., Sept. 22, 12:30-2:30, Brown Bag Lunch, 2016-17 changes in Medicare, Athens Public Library