The Athens Village is
Not a place, but a community
living securely and safely
in their own homes.
You can be:
You can be home
In short, The Athens Village is a group of neighbors working together to help each of us
age gracefully in our own homes. To see membership benefits, please click here
To see a 2015 student-made short (1 minute 18 sec) video about the Village,
please click here
The video doesn't work in all browsers with equal success.
Enable members to live independently, comfortably and safely in their homes.
A dynamic, responsive community of members who support meaningful and fulfilling lives for
Research, including that of insurance companies, has shown that people are much better
off in their own homes than in assisted living facilities. The Athens Village works
with a number of local, regional and national agencies to further
the interests of its members.
Office Hours are generally 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., M-Th
and 2nd and 4th Fridays 10 to 2
unless office staff attend a scheduled meeting.
Members can contact the Village office (740-447-0500 or TheAthensVillage@gmail.com) at any time for assistance.
PLEASE leave a message if Gregg does not answer the phone.
Note: unless otherwise noted, all meetings are at 94 Columbus Rd.
- Every Tuesday, 10:30 a.m., Chair Yoga, in the OSU Extension Office, 278 West Union St., in back. $5 donation, each session.
NOTE: on July 11 and Aug 8, the location will change to The Plains.
- Every Tuesday, 12:30 p.m., Informal lunch gathering of members & guests at Bob Evans. No host, July 4 or 11.
- Every 2nd Wednesday, 4 p.m., Informal social gathering, Athens Uncorked, 14 Station St.
- Mon., July 10, 1 p.m., Membership Team, Conference Room B
- Mon., July 10, 2 p.m., Hearing Aid Interest Group discussion, Conference Room B.
- Tues., July 11, 10 a.m., Board meeting, Athens Community Center
- Wed., July 19, 3 p.m., Health & Wellness Team, Conference Room B
- Wed., July 26, 1 p.m., Get More Out of Your Membership, Conference Room B
- Wed., Aug. 2, 11 a.m.: PIT Team, Conference Room B