Welcome. Barbara Conover!
The Athens Village is pleased to announce the hire of its
new Executive Director, Ms. Barbara Conover.
Ms. Conover has an extensive background in housing development and nonprofit administration.
She is very interested in meeting all Village members and potential members at your earliest convenience.
You can contact her by phone at 740-447-0500
or by email at TheAthensVillage@gmail.com.
Villages featured on NPR, 12 Dec 2017
National Public Radio ran a segment about the Village movement on their All Things Considered broadcast of Dec 12, 2017.
Here's a link to that broadcast.
Transcripts are available on that page, as is the audio of the broadcast.
Click the blue right-pointing triangle to hear the broadcast.
Thanks for the shout-out, NPR!
The Athens Village is
Not a place, but a community
living securely and safely
in our own homes.
You can be:
You can be home
In short, The Athens Village is a group of neighbors working together to help each of us
age gracefully in our own homes. To see membership benefits, please click here
To see a 2015 student-made short (1 minute 18 sec) video about the Village,
please click here
The video doesn't work in all browsers with equal success.
Enable members to live independently, comfortably and safely in their homes.
A dynamic, responsive community of members who support meaningful and fulfilling lives for
Research, including that of insurance companies, has shown that people are much better
off in their own homes than in assisted living facilities. The Athens Village works
with a number of local, regional and national agencies to further
the interests of its members.
Office Hours are generally 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., M-Th
and 2nd and 4th Fridays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Members can contact the Village office (740-447-0500 or TheAthensVillage@gmail.com) at any time for assistance.
PLEASE leave a message if no one answers the phone.
Note: unless otherwise noted, all meetings are at 94 Columbus Rd.
- Every Tuesday, 10:30 a.m., Chair Yoga, in the OSU Extension Office, 278 West Union St., in back. $5 donation, each session.
- Every Tuesday, 12:30 p.m., Informal lunch gathering of members & guests at Bob Evans.
- Every 2nd Wednesday, 4 p.m., Informal social gathering, Athens Uncorked, 14 Station St. Next meeting: Jan. 10
- Wed., Jan. 3, 11 a.m.: PIT Team, monthly meeting, Conference Room B
- Mon., Jan. 8, 1 p.m., Membership Team, Conference Room B
- Mon., Jan. 8, 2 p.m., Hearing Aid Interest Group discussion,
- Tues., Jan. 9, 10 a.m., Board meeting, Athens Community Center
- Wed., Jan. 17, 3 p.m., Health & Wellness Team, Conference Room B.
- Wed., Jan. 24, 1 p.m., Get More Out of Your Membership, Tim Horton's on E. State St Note changed venue, please
- Wed., Jan. 31, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Fifth Wednesday "Open Office" at ACEnet, bldg B